Project: „Step towards sustainability“
Where: village Latinovac, municipality of Čaglin.
It will include four volunteers
from Germany, France, Portugal and Turkey. Time of implementation is
from 1st of October 2014. till 31st of March 2015.
Overall objective of Eko Centar Latinovac is to create a sustainable
ecological community, to develop rural area and improve quality of
life of local inhabitants.
Specific goals are:
- to promote healthy life
- to support creativity of young people, but also elders
- to connect different generations
- to promote differences and decrease prejudices
- to support non-violent action
- to promote mobility among youths in Požeško-slavonska county
Activities that we plan to conduct in the project are:
- educative workshops
- arrangement of village house in Latinovac and setting up the exhibition
- artistic/creative workshops
- maintenance of web and Facebook page of Eko Centar Latinovac; planning blog
- work in the community
- workshops for children from Latinovac and surrounding to learn languages
- promotion of EVS program in Požeško-slavonska county
- tour in continental part of Croatia
- language workshops for volunteers (Croatian language)
- evaluation of the project
We will use different methods in our work to support creativity, team
and individual work, discussions, movie presentations, public
Project is important while it supports rural development, sustainable
way of living and youth mobility. In the project, we are going to work
to connect different generations and to introduce different cultures
and habits. We want to introduce values of small areas and how
important is to work in those areas.
Volunteers will gain experience of community work, public exposures,
knowledge about different skills for group work. They can use those
skills after they return to their communities. We are going to support
spreading information about youth mobility, EVS program and other
programs for young people with putting information on our web and
Facebook page and blog. Volunteers will have a huge role in this
activity with our support.